Julia + Eric tied the knot in an intimate fall wedding on October 29, 2016 at North Carolina Botanical Garden in Chapel Hill. This chill couple wanted a simple party with a laid-back feel, and they incorporated some unique elements I haven't seen before in my eight years as a wedding photographer--(dinosaurs in the table settings, kitten cake-toppers, not to mention an unforgettable throw-down to Alanis Morissette's "Uninvited").
Read the Q&A with this quirky couple, featured below, to learn more about their wedding inspiration and photography experience! To view all the photos from their wedding and order prints, please visit their gallery on my online print shop.
1. What are some of your favorite things about your partner? How were these attributes expressed during or leading up to your wedding?
Julia: Eric is very laid-back and balanced out a lot of my wedding nerves!
Eric: Julia is reliable, smart and measured in her priorities and approach, always getting things done well while understanding what really matters. In the lead up to the wedding, she knew what she wanted and how to work together to help make a wonderful time for the two of us and the people we love.
2. What was most important to you in planning your wedding?
We wanted it to be relaxed and fun - we didn't want to spend a lot of time agonizing over whether it was the Most Special Thing Ever. It's a best friends forever party with all the people we love most - we wanted to keep that in mind and keep things in perspective.
3. Are there any details or moments from your wedding that are particularly special to you? (E.g., you wore your momma’s dress, your partner unexpectedly serenaded you, there was a double rainbow all across the sky…).
This sounds like a cheat, but the whole thing. :) The entire night was lovely; no one moment really defined it.
4. Now that you’ve tied the knot (and survived!), what advice would you give to other folks planning their wedding?
Don't stress. Make a good faith effort to share the burden. Try to be there for one another and do what makes you happy.
5. What drew you to my photography style? Why did you ultimately decide to hire me? Was it worth it?
Definitely worth it! We were more than pleased with both Courtney's warm presence at the event and what we've seen of the photos. :)
6. What is the first thing you want to do with the images? Wallpaper the hallway? Internet fame?
Look through them together and share them with friends and family!
7. What is next for you as a couple? Any big plans?
We're headed to Japan for our honeymoon. From there, who knows!
Julia + Eric, thanks for being such a fun and refreshing couple to work with! I loved how chill and goofy you and your guests were...not to mention how baller your reception playlist was--(seriously, thanks for blasting Sylvan Esso instead of the top 40 pop hits/group dances.) :) I had a blast photographing your celebration and hope that you love these photos as much as I do!