Read the Q&A with this fun couple, featured below, to learn more about their wedding inspiration and photography experience! To view all the photos from their wedding and order prints, please visit their gallery on my online print shop.
1. What are some of your favorite things about your partner? How were these attributes expressed during or leading up to your wedding?
Crystal: I tend to worry about everything, which was magnified during the wedding planning. Dylan is so patient and level headed. I was able to rely on him to help me stay grounded and keep things in perspective. He was very supportive throughout the whole process, which helped me relax and enjoy everything.
Dylan: She is easy going and always up for a good time. This had a huge impact on the way we planned the wedding, since we really wanted everyone to enjoy themselves more than anything. We also had a few hiccups the during the reception, but we both decided to let it go and enjoy the night regardless.
2. What was most important to you in planning your wedding?
For both of us, our priority (second to getting hitched) was that everyone enjoyed themselves at the reception. In addition to our friends, we both have large extended families that we are close to and we just wanted everyone to have a good time celebrating with us. It was also a really special for us to have so many people that we love be able to come together and party with us.
3. Are there any details or moments from your wedding that are particularly special to you? (E.g., you wore your momma’s dress, your partner unexpectedly serenaded you, there was a double rainbow all across the sky...).
Our ceremony turned out to be a really special moment. Our minister is a good friend of Dylan's and the speech she delivered was perfectly suited for the two of us, with a lot of personal details and incorporating our story into our marriage. It was really wonderful to have something so important be so personal and it was a surprise for both of us, since we didn't know what she was going to say.
4. Your photography package included an engagement session. What was it like to work with me before the wedding? Do you have a favorite photo or moment from your session?
It was great to have the opportunity to work with you before the wedding, just so we could get comfortable with you and with being photographed. And we went on a little adventure with you! Our favorite photos were in the field at the end of the shoot. The scenery was so beautiful and by that time we had loosened up a bit. You can tell from the photos we were actually having fun, not just there taking photos.
5. Now that you’ve tied the knot (and survived!), what advice would you give to other folks planning their wedding?
Our advice would be to not sweat the small stuff. And remember, the whole reason you are doing all of this is get married, to start a new chapter in your life with your partner. The little things just don't matter when you think about what really matters.
6. What is the first thing you want to do with the images? Wallpaper the hallway? Internet fame?
We both just want to see them to remember the day a little better and see the moments that were captured - it all went by so fast! I'm sure we'll hang some in the house too and some people will probably be getting pictures for presents with the holidays coming up :)
7. What is next for you as a couple? Any big plans?
We've been so busy with wedding planning, that we're just excited to get back to normal - hanging out with our friends, having some free time and working on our house that has been neglected lately.
Crystal + Dylan, thanks for being so easy and fun to work with for both your engagement session and your wedding! I loved how down-to-earthy (and goofy) you were, and I hope these photos bring you much joy and laughter for many years to come. Enjoy!