Whitney + Brian tied the knot on top of a mountain in West Jefferson, NC on September 5, 2015. This outdoorsy couple wanted a scenic wedding in one of their favorite spots, and their day couldn't have been any more beautiful or fun!
Read the Q&A with this spunky couple, featured below, to learn more about their wedding inspiration and photography experience! To view all of the photos from their wedding and order prints, please visit their gallery on my online print shop!
1. What are some of your favorite things about your partner? How were these attributes expressed during or leading up to your wedding?
Whitney: He always knows how to make me laugh and calm my spirit. Throughout planning and even the day of the wedding he took time to hug and kiss me and express how excited he was to be my husband. He also shares a love for the outdoors and that is one of the reasons we choose to have the wedding on top of Mount Jefferson. It is a special place for both of us.
Brian: I personally enjoy everything about Whitney. Our wedding was perfect. She was beautiful and I wouldn’t change anything about her, our ceremony, or the reception site. The ease of which she handled all decisions was also refreshing. We had heard horror stories of making decisions, yet the entire process was smooth and rather painless.
2. What was most important to you in planning your wedding?
I’m sure most people say this but we wanted people to have fun and experience the beauty of the town we call home. Almost 90% of our guest traveled to our wedding from the east to west coast, as far as Hawaii, so we tried to allow people to see the joys of a small North Carolina town.
3. Are there any details or moments from your wedding that are particularly special to you? (E.g., you wore your momma’s dress, your partner unexpectedly serenaded you, there was a double rainbow all across the sky…).
Our first communion meant a lot to me, as well as our vows. Things were so crazy leading up to the wedding so we didn’t get to write them until the night before, but they really came from our hearts. All the details of the decorations and the cake were also really special because they were all handmade from Brian’s Mom. OHHH the last thing that was really special to me was my bouquet, because I grew my own sunflowers to add to it, and I arranged it myself. It was so much fun watching the flowers grow and I couldn’t wait to add that subtle touch to my flowers.
4. Now that you’ve tied the knot (and survived!), what advice would you give to other folks planning their wedding?
Breathe and surround yourself with people to tell you it’s going to be great and everything looks amazing! Also, plan to spend time with family the day before and the day after. The actual wedding day goes by so fast and it was really nice to know we didn’t have to see and talk to everyone that day.
5. Your wedding photography package included a bridal session. What was it like to work with me for this session? How did it help shape your expectations for working together throughout your wedding day?
It was great, and it helped me relax and know your style with shooting. It also gave me a lot of confidence and comfort for the day of the wedding.
6. What is the first thing you want to do with the images? Wallpaper the hallway? Internet fame?
Print a few to hang on the wall, and make a few photo books. Most likely wallpaper the ceiling. Its always fun to lay on bed and see all the pretty pictures. (this is a joke lol…Brian’s stealthy work). :)
7. What is next for you as a couple? Any big plans?
Our plan is to settle into life and work. We have had a big year and are ready to get a little bit of a routine going. We are also planning a few running races since all our time will not be consumed with wedding planning.
Whitney + Brian, thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience the beauty of your home! I was completely charmed by West Jefferson and am excited about returning for an adventure in the near future. :) You and your bridal party and families were a blast to work with- thank you for being so adventurous and collaborative! I hope you love your pictures and am excited to share everything with you now!