Heather + Sean tied the knot on April 11, 2015 at the Rigmor House in Chapel Hill, NC. Their wedding was a fun reflection of their laid-back personalities and love of the outdoors. Instead of driving to a hotel after a night of dancing and celebration, friends camped out around a cozy bonfire at The Rigmor House. Read the Q&A below to learn more about Heather + Sean's wedding day and inspiration! To view all of the photos from Heather + Sean's wedding and order prints, please visit their wedding gallery on my online print shop!
1. How did you meet and fall in love? I'd love to hear a little bit more of your story. :)
We met in high school. Our wedding was almost exactly 10 years after our first date.
2. Tell me about the inspiration for your wedding celebration. How did the day itself line up with
your vision and expectations?
We wanted it to feel like a fun, casual, backyard BBQ. Everything lined up perfectly with our
plan! We also loved having our friends camp – that definitely fit with our personalities.
3. What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
Right after dinner when dancing started and we realized we had pulled the whole thing off!
4. What factors other than photos went into your decision on a wedding photographer? Why did
you pick me?
We really liked the style of your photos, and knew you would be a great choice after meeting
you in person. You felt like you were someone we could be friends with in "real life", and we would
feel comfortable having you at the wedding. The fact that you had shot at our venue, the Rigmor
House before was a perk as well.
5. Did you foresee any part of your wedding day being difficult logistically or emotionally? Did I
make it easier? If so, how?
Everything went so smoothly. We didn’t feel like we had to think much about the photography
because you had it all under control!
6. What is the first thing you want to do with the images?
Share them with our family.
7. What is next for you as a couple? Any big plans?
Getting “real” jobs; we are both postdocs!
Heather + Sean, thanks for being such a breeze to work with! I concur with what you said in the Q&A- I feel like we could have met and been friends in "real life." I haven't ever photographed wedding guests pitching their tents minutes before the ceremony, so thank you for giving me this fun opportunity! :) I enjoyed making these images, and I hope you love them!