Stephanie + Matt tied the knot on March 7, 2015 in a simple, classic ceremony at Kernersville Moravian Church. They then partied late into the night at The Longhouse in Stokesdale. I photographed Stephanie's sister's wedding last October, so it was especially fun to hang with familiar faces (and witness another killer dance floor!). Read more about Stephanie + Matt's wedding in the Q&A below!
1. How did you meet and fall in love? I'd love to hear a little bit more of your story. :)
eHarmony! I fell in love with Matt during a hike. Matt says he know I was the one when he saw me interact with his family.
2. What was most important to you in planning your wedding?
Spreadsheets! Also, personal connections - we knew our photographer, caterer, and officiant long before our wedding day.
3. What was the favorite part of your wedding day?
Matt’s favorite part was seeing everyone together. My favorite part was saying our vows.
4. What factors other than photos went into your decision on a wedding photographer? Why did you pick me?
I ‘looked’ at other photographers because I wanted to do my due diligence – but honestly I never really considered anyone else. I have known I wanted Courtney to photograph my wedding since before I met Matt. I love her style and that the photographs don’t look like all the rest. Matt went along with it because I’m persistent.
5. Did you foresee any part of your wedding day being difficult logistically or emotionally? Did I make it easier? If so, how?
I was very nervous about having so many guests in town. I find it very mentally demanding to be a host! I did my best to set aside time with just my mom and sister to help keep me calm.
Matt was worried that his vows weren’t going to be as good as mine. They were amazing.
6. What is the first thing you want to do with the images?
Look at them. Print them. Look at them for 40 years.
7. What is next for you as a couple? Any big plans?
Sweden for our honeymoon this summer!
Stephanie + Matt, thank you so much for inviting me to document your day. Since yours was the first CPW wedding of 2015, you have certainly set the bar high for awesome couples (and sick dance moves!) :) In your own words, I hope that you truly enjoy these photos as you "look at them for 40 years." Enjoy!
To view all of the photos from Stephanie + Matt's wedding and order prints, please visit their online gallery on my print shop!