Sarah + Stephen tied the knot at St. Francis of Assisi in Raleigh, NC on September 19, 2015. They moved the party to The Renaissance Hotel for the rest of the evening after making a detour at William B. Umstead State Park for some scenic bridal party photos.
Read the Q&A with this sweet couple, featured below, to learn more about their wedding inspiration and photography experience! To view all of the photos from their wedding and order prints, please visit their gallery on my online print shop!
1. What are some of your favorite things about your partner? How were these attributes expressed during or leading up to your wedding?
My favorite thing about Stephen is how much he makes me laugh. He has the best sense of humor and we laugh so much together. He always helped make any stressful situation with wedding planning easier. Picking the songs for our wedding was probably the best. We kept outdoing each other by playing funnier songs as jokes of what we should have our first dance to , or any other special serious part of the wedding. We had so much fun with everything we planned!
2. What was most important to you in planning your wedding?
The most important part to me was making sure that we did everything for planning the details together. I hate when everyone refers to the wedding as "the bride's day." I wanted it to be our day!
3. Are there any details or moments from your wedding that are particularly special to you? (E.g., you wore your momma’s dress, your partner unexpectedly serenaded you, there was a double rainbow all across the sky…).
One of the most special moments was probably having the surprise toast from my brother in Kuwait. I had no idea they planned that, and the fact that they kept that a secret was so great. It was nice to have him a part of the wedding even though he couldn't be there. Stephen knew that was important to me.
4. Now that you’ve tied the knot (and survived!), what advice would you give to other folks planning their wedding?
My advice to anyone planning their wedding now is just to have fun with it! I spent time stressing over some really small details and almost let it ruin the fun in planning. You won't care about the small finite details you stressed over on the day of.
5. What was the silliest moment of your wedding day?
I would say the silliest part/best parts of the wedding were the crazy dance moves everyone was busting out. It was great to see so many family members who traveled so far having a lot of fun.
6. What is the first thing you want to do with the images? Wallpaper the hallway? Internet fame?
I'm so unbelievably excited to see these photos! I will be covering my house, the Internet, everywhere I can with these pictures!
7. What is next for you as a couple? Any big plans?
We don't have any crazy big plans, just enjoying our happy married life together!
Sarah + Stephen, thank you for being such an audacious couple on your wedding day! I love that you and the bridesmaids were willing to shed your high heels for a romp through the woods in order to make some memorable portraits! :) Your wedding was so much fun to shoot, and I loved every minute of it!
Second Photographer: Kallyn Boerner
Officiant: Friar Steve Patti
Bridesmaid Dresses: David's Bridal
Florist: Whole Foods
Dessert: Edible Art in North Hills
Catering: Renaissance Hotel
Transportation: A Formal Affair Limos